Tuesday 5 November 2013

Research and influencial magzines

'XXL' magazine is one of the largest magazines that focus purely on rap music so I will asses and analyse a lot of the layout and features that they include so that I can make decisions to what I would like to include in my magazine as it has a great impact.
 The magazine has an eye catching and recognisable masthead which is important as it establishes the magazine and is the main thing used for advertising. Other key codes and conventions are used like a bar code, main cover line and cover lines and the right balance is found on the front cover so that cover star is clear but also that no negative space is left and that the magazine are not being pushed out of focus also.
In different additions of XXL magazine the masthead is either behind or in front of the cover star and this will also be a key decision I will have to make for my final magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment